Saturday, July 12, 2008

Success!


HA! Today I met with some success. Nadine and I got into the lake and swam for about a half an hour- almost down to Frontenac Point and then back. Wet suits are very nice. They keep you a little bit warm and help you float. It was a cooool but lovely swim. Robin protected us from motor boats with his kayak. It was our first real lake swim of the season.
Today is hot and sunny. We left the camp behind.

I got it all cleaned up and we took all our boats home. It was a pain driving up and down that steep driveway for the last 2 weeks, but I LOVED sailing my little sunfish on the lake, and having campfires, watching sunsets, entertaining friends and feeding the ducks. Now it's back to work on the house and property. Robin leaves for Kentucky tomorrow and then back to Tokyo. I will miss him, but I am glad to be spending summer here. It is so lovely.

No comments: