Thursday, October 25, 2007

Pictures from Home

Hello Friends,

My sister in law Sarah sent me a link to Jerry Feist's fantastic pictures from the Chris Bond 5K Run. I have to say, I was fine until I saw my buds Eric and Paul, and then with tears, I started talking to everyone. It was great to see all of you, and to see the fine fall day filled with friends, community spirit, and love and support for Chris and the Bond family. I would have been walking with you, had I been there. If you haven't seen the slide show of the day- you must. Jerry is a great photographer.

http://www.infinisol.com/chrisbondrun/slideshow.html

As it is, I get in a lot of walking here daily, but I am a little discouraged by the lack of progress in the "walk your pounds away" department. The food here is just too good, it seems. We've had a run of great weather, and this past weekend Matt and I got out to visit the Meiji Shrine, which is practically in our neighborhood. We walked to the shrine, wandered around Harajuku (known for it's bizarre youth culture) and then went out for lunch at a Thai restaurant in our neighborhood- the food was HOT! We were pounding the water, and sweating like lightweights. But it was good. Earlier, a wedding had just taken place at the shrine, and I got some pictures of the happy couple.

On Sunday, I took some more pictures with you in mind- just to give you a further taste of what a vibrant, lively, and sometimes strange place Yoyogi Park is on the weekend.

Cheers!

No comments: