Monday, December 31, 2007

The Giant Buddha at Kamakura



Today was Monday. We got out early- 9:45 which is astounding, since Nathan slept in to 11:30 yesterday morning. We headed off to Kamakura- on the wrong train-so then we had to get off the train and REALLY head off to Kamakura. (A typical "Wayman start!") This is a sea-side town that is famous for being one of many capitols of old Japan. It was the one before Kyoto. It is also famous for housing the second largest Buddha statue in Japan. Wow! Very impressive.

hayhayhay...It's everyone's favorite Matthew Robert Ploss, comin atcha outta Tokyo. My mother is busy butchering a chocolate sauce recipe, so I'm commandeering her blog. I'll sum up this entry with a succinctness of words she seems to lack. Big Buddha...Cold...Windy...Feet hurt. There...now onto the stuff that you're all dying to hear about...details on my life.

My break's been pretty good so far... Just the right mix of going out and staying in. It was nice seeing Chris again, though it went by all to quickly. My excitement has far from passed, however, as the news of the possiblility of another Chris-visit with a Sarah and Lap cherry on top this spring has peaked my anticipation to a nearly unprecedented high. The one precedent would of course be the now solidified plans of having my two best friends over in February. Needless to say, I really can't wait to see Trevor and Art. Oh dear, I'm rambling...I better cut to the chase. Happy New Year, Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Merry Kwanza, and enjoy the pictures of me posted below.

No comments: