Monday, December 3, 2007

More hang time with the family...


Nathan donning his Ithaca is GORGEOUS T shirt, engrossed in something. Matt is a dork, but I love him! He's the comedian in the family. He's wearing my Taiko headband.
A view of our little dining room from our living room.
This picture was painted especially for me by my favorite Aunt, Jane Zogg. I received it over the weekend in the mail. It was painted to remind me of my "homeland," and to make me feel better. Jane lives in McGraw, right near Cortland and has been painting, teaching and sharing art her whole life. She is a remarkable woman who hasn't had an easy life. She was thrown from a car in a terrible accident in the late 60's and since then has endured countless surgeries, and has had to overcome many health difficulties. Through the years, I have admired her indomitable spirit, strong faith, her sense of humor and easy laugh. She's one of those people who has a chuckle ready to fly at any moment. This was a very touching gift. It was like getting a huge hug.
Huge hugs to you all!
Cheers.

No comments: