Monday, November 9, 2009

Feast or Famine





My youngest son Matt was in the One-Act plays this past weekend at our High School and was truly hilarious. Many of the kids were brilliantly funny, and it was a highly entertaining evening.


So things have been pretty quiet in my blog world. School has been keeping me busy. I am happy to report that there were a total of 30 kids out 5-8 today. The swine flu has apparently peaked and is waning. Good! This weekend was Area All State, the High School one-act comedies, the cast party, a visit with my friend with new baby twins, dinner with Mom and Dad and brother and a Taiko concert at Cornell. I guess there are only 2 settings for me: boring or frenetic.

Exercise has gone out the window as work takes over my life. Tonight I had Community Chorus. I think it went pretty well. I wish I had more time for friends, but I am considering joining a Taiko class up near Cornell. I have a friend who likes to say, "I'll sleep when I'm DEAD!" Meaning, of course that life is meant to be full and busy and rewarding and slightly frenetic. We only get this chance once. Live it to the fullest I say.

I am looking forward to tomorrow- after school I only have to meet with my general contractor to make some decisions concerning roof, windows and doors for our up-coming project. Then Wednesday! Ah Veteran's Day! No School! I need to take my car in for an oil change and then will go to my friend's house to watch their new wind turbine go up. If you know enough interesting people, there's always something fascinating going on.

No comments: