Tuesday, April 13, 2010

For Sale

Sold my mower today. It had been sitting out by the road all weekend, cooly unmolested. I asked Matt to put a sign on it, but he found several excuses not to. Finally, I spent 5 minutes painting a For Sale sign Sunday morning, placed it on the mower and not 2 hours later an old guy was putting cash in my hand to hold it until Tuesday. Then he came back later that day, gave me more cash, and then today he came, paid the balance, loaded it onto his wagon and took it away. Such a deal! In past years we have managed to rid ourselves of TVs, furniture, toys and other stuff, just by placing it by the road. I always like to tell people, "Free to a good home." It's my way of recycling, reusing and helping out neighbors who might really need something for free. But for this mower, I'll take cash. Do you suppose I could unload the coach this way??

No comments: