Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Almost there...

Tim, my brother-in-law came by earlier today to check out the progress and as he looked into the hole in the wall, said, "It looks like the set designers from Dr. Who were here." It does kinda look like the Daleks have infiltrated our walls.


Then there's the mess in the yard...I know it will go away and in a year it will all be green again and we'll be mowing EVEN more area than we did this year, but.....just look how pretty it was just 10 days ago!


And now we have a moonscape. The dogs love it. I actually saw Wilson hiding behind a mound of dirt today waiting to ambush Gracie. They have LOVED all this dirt to play in. Dogs are just like little boys that way. I can't speak for little girls, since I didn't have any.


Today Robin spent the day getting some of the dry wall up in the downstairs hallway and preparing the hole upstairs to be covered. We call it "peeling the onion," around here whenever we have to do something in this old house that requires opening something up and figuring out how to put it back together. Upstairs? Dealing with lath and plaster and trying to make the new patch look okay. All the walls need painting now. There are some dings and lots of grubby finger prints all over. If I am unemployed this Fall, I will certainly have lots to keep me busy, that's for sure.

Tonight's reward? We burned our huge pile of brush and I made Robin a nice cold lime aid, tequila and tonic to drink while we were eaten alive by mosquitoes.

No comments: