Monday, February 16, 2009

Second day in Tokyo


A scene from Yoyogi Koen yesterday...

No new pictures today, but I will tell you that all are feeling better, they left the tu-tus home and went to Shimokitazawa and Akihabara. Shimo is where they buy used clothing for fun and Akihabara is the "electric town" of Tokyo. If you want or need any electronic gadget- Akihabara is the planet's ground zero for such things. It's a techhie paradise. Personally I avoid the place like the plague, (too noisy and crowded for me) but boys love it.

They came back and played a couple of hours of "Blind Ignorance" before supper. We enjoyed lively conversation and lots of laughs over dinner and now they are back out, exploring Shibuya at night. Owen likes to say "SHIBUYA!" (As I did when I first came here- I thought it would make a good nonsense song refrain lyric)

Robin will take tomorrow afternoon and Wednesday off to spend with the guys. I will be free after tomorrow so we will probably go somewhere out of the city on Wednesday...maybe to Kamakura to see the giant Buddha by the sea and the gorgeous temples.

What a great group of guys. I asked Robin tonight if their parents would notice if I just kept them here to entertain me. Suppose anyone would notice?

No comments: