Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Taiko Class Performs for Tokyo Here and Now



The best recruitment program ever! The TAC Taiko Classes came together to perform for the new comers to Tokyo. The message: get involved, try something new, think outside the box. Taiko has been the highlight of my stay here.



We played at the start of Wednesday's session. I was careful to watch the faces of the THN participants. Some were a little shocked by the early morning loudness, others were amused, still others were really into it.



We really played well, thanks to the leadership of our sensei Moko and her assistant, Nobuko.



I need to find a generous benefactor to fund Taiko for Trumansburg. My plan is to bring this drumming back to Upstate NY. It is so perfectly suited for all ages, all skill levels and especially the middle school music program. How about an adult community ed program?

No comments: