Thursday, March 26, 2009

Oedo Onsen Spa






Today we rocked Grannie and Grandaddy's world. We took them to a place where they had to take off their shoes, take off their clothes and don a yukata. We spent the better part of the day at the Oedo Onsen Spa. The very best part of the day was when we visited Dr. Fish. We put our feet in a warm pool filled with little hungry fish who feed on the dead skin of people. It was a sqeally creepy affair at first, but after I got used to it, it was just tingly. My feet, after a 15 minute soak, were as soft as flower petals. (Thanks, Dr. Fish!) Then we walked and soaked our feet in hotter water through the outdoor foot bath foot path. Lunch was tempura and soba and beer, followed by some fresh fruit. Robin tried the onsen for the first time, (loved it!) and then we all enjoyed a 40 minute foot massage together. These foot-massaging folks are trained in reflexology and I actually felt different parts of my body respond to the pressure on the bottoms of my feet. Either that or I'm looney.
It was a great way to introduce Mom and Dad to a unique Japan experience. I think they had fun in spite of themselves!

No comments: