Friday, April 3, 2009

The Boyfriend



Trumansburg High School is putting on The Boyfriend this weekend, and I flew half way around the world to see it. Totally worth it, in my opinion. I had these kids for 4 years in middle school. We did NYSSMA, concerts, festivals and trips as well as our own musical productions together. What a group. I feel such affection for these kids, I call them "my babies." For indeed when they arrived as 5th graders, that's what they were. Now as high schoolers, they are talented, strong, beautiful, poised and almost all growed up. Some seniors are auditioning for music theater or music majors this year. It is so much fun watching them perform, it makes me feel "itchy" to get back to work.

As a matter of fact, I am trying to figure out how to squeeze in as many musicals as I can next year. We'll see how it goes. Matt's class will be seniors next year and they are endowed with heaps and heaps of talent too.

I've been wondering how my blog should go next year. I will no longer be Alice in Tokyo. I'll be Alice in Tiny Town USA. Maybe I'll turn it into stories of intrigue and passion...a behind the scenes look at the making of school musicals!

Or maybe not.

No comments: