Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Insanely non-sensical English




So today I was sitting on the train on the way to one of my last Taiko classes and I saw something absurd.
There was a guy, standing near me on the train with a huge buttoned pocket across the seat of his pants. I've only ever seen trap door type bottoms on long johns. (long underwear) But across the big butt pocket were 3 lines of English. I admit I was staring at this man's tush. I couldn't help it. I was trying desperately to figure out what it said, and then concentrated equally hard on what it MEANT.
It went like this:

"NAUGHTY BUY" (At first I though it was boy, butt after much staring, it clearly said BUY)

"let's play with me" (okay, so this guy likes to buy naughty and wants to be played with...)

"GRASS HITHER" (??)

Grass Hither? Grass hither?
grass hit her? gr ass hither?
This is something I've never heard of before. I just did a google search for "Grass Hither" expecting not to find anything, but LO AND BEHOLD, a web site in Japanese popped up. They sell clothing items. Go figure. It caused me great amusement, and by the time I stepped off the train (he stepped off in front of me) I was practically laughing out loud. There goes that crazy gaijin lady again!

No comments: