Friday, January 4, 2008

Friends from Trumansburg and hot salsa!


I was so excited to see Sarah Saxon and her Mom Tanya, and her and Dad John today! I got to know Sarah last year, as she was in my 5th grade chorus and the cast of Peter Pan. She and her family spent a couple of wonderful weeks in New Zealand over the Winter Holiday, and stopped in Tokyo for several days on the way back. I met them in my station yesterday, and was so happy to meet them, that I bear hugged everyone and gave John Levine a big kiss on the cheek! He was a good sport about it. We walked around my neighborhood briefly, then took the train 2 stops to Harajuku to see some of the wonky fashion on the local teens, traversed up and down Omoto-sando Dori, got some coffee, and then came back to my house for more conversation. It was a gorgeous day for a walk in the sun! They gave me a beautiful photograph of a "Trumansburg garden," taken by local photographer Polly Joan. OUR photograph here shows how happy I am to be with them (and also a mountain of dirty laundry on my kitchen floor- we call it "Mount Washmore," a term I first heard from Karen Bartishevich!)
I gave Sarah a hug to be shared when she gets back, so if you want a hug from me, just ask her for one!
When Robin brought the forwarded mail home from work yesterday evening, I found a package from the middle school. It was a photo album with holiday wishes (and curses) from my dear colleagues at Tburg MS! I have been looking and looking at it. It makes me smile. It was a day filled with Trumansburg people and thoughts!
And now onto the salsa!

No comments: