Monday, March 31, 2008

How fresh can you get??






As we were riding in our taxi on Friday, our driver asked if we liked sea food and Thai food. Yes! And Yes! So he took us down this bumpy dirt path to a lovely open-air restaurant by the sea. Upon arriving, we walked into a covered area that had open tanks of fish, prawn, crab, lobster...we picked our lunch from these tanks. I was taking pictures of the fresh fishies being weighed out on a scale when a couple of tiger prawn jumped out of the bucket and attacked my ankle. Not really, they just slimed me. I let out a whoop of surprise though, causing all nearby to look at the silly foreign lady dancing with the prawns.

After we picked our food, we sat in the shade of trees by the beautiful green waters of the Andaman Sea. The food when it arrived was amazing. So fresh...with Thai spice. Fried white fish, tiger prawns and a couple of crab, fried rice and stir fried vegetables. When it came to the table, I said- "Ohhh...this is too much food." But it wasn't. Yum. That was our last meal in Phuket, and very memorable.

1 comment:

Gordon Bonnet said...

Jealous. Amazingly, crushingly, overwhelmingly jealous. You are creating memories that you will never, ever forget!

And I'd love to hear more when you return, so I'll be first in line to buy you a beer at the Pourhouse. :-)