Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fairy Tales, Broadway Shows and Broken Arms




Here's a quick update: I'm home in Trumansburg. I feel like a pioneer woman, winterizing the house, stoking the coal stove, painting in Matt's room. I've been busy this past week: I walked in a 5K Memorial Event for Chris Bond, a former Physics teacher, coach and colleague who died last year from cancer. I spent Saturday afternoon in the emergency room with Matt who broke his arm. It was just a twist of an ankle, and down he went. I have entertained friends and family here at home. I have seen the movie, Religulous with friends from work. I have delivered snacks to Matt's play practice. He will be playing the frog prince with a broken arm in a very cute mixed up fairy tale called Twice Upon a Time. Last night I had the great good fortune to see Legally Blonde in Rochester with Sarah, Sharon and Susan. Whew. I am a little weary, but enjoying the leaves, the colder temps and the chance to reconnect, and have fun. Ah yes. Fun.

The most funnest fun I am having is with Matt. I pick him up each day after school and we hang out, reading, watching movies, having supper together. Then off he goes in the later evening to sleep at the DeCloux home. It's less disruptive that way. So at least for the time I am home, I'm getting my daily dose of Matthew induced belly laughter. My very best medicine.

1 comment:

Blogger Mom said...

Things are just too quiet here in Tokyo without you, Alice and Robin! We have had nice weather, for the most part, although it is raining today. Mrs. K, the landlady caught me getting your mail the other day, so I had to explain why I was getting into your mailbox in halting Japanese. Our two dogs, Rascal and Ginger, arrived last week and are settling in to their new life. They will be happy to meet you and ready to go for a walk when you get back!! Sean has been practicing his piano every day. He's lucky to have such a great piano teacher right next door!