Sunday, October 5, 2008

Saturday out and about


Robin and I love a little hole-in-the-wall Chinese restaurant, X'ian. It is known for it's freshly shaved noodle soup. It is just simply delicious and hearty. Just enough spice and meat, but the noodles are amazing. They "shave" the noodles from a huge hunk of dough for each bowl. They are a bit long and slippery, and consequently they are a little messy. I have a heck of a time eating them without splattering everything within a 10 foot radius. My bib is on the right. Robin says the spots on his bib are from me. Probably true.

Simply delicious!



This sign is hanging in almost every subway station. It cracks us up. "Please do it in the yard."
What yard?? Where?
Do what? Practice your golf swing? Wave it around at the ping pong balls that seem to be floating in the air??
At the bottom of the sign it says,"Please be careful when handling a wet umbrella."
Indeed.

These cute little boxer briefs are worn by the cute little guy who answers my phone for me. Really.


I am on the hunt for a specific tea pot for Anne. Robin and I went all over Kappabashi, the kitchen district and had no luck. This store has more pieces of pottery than I have ever seen in one place. I wandered back and in and picked my way carefully through tall stacks of everything you could imagine. It was incredible. Our next target: department stores.

No comments: