Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Goodbye Summer!


goodbye summer
goodbye home
goodbye paint cans and digging in loam

goodbye stars
goodbye friends
goodbye laughing that never ends

goodbye rim trail
goodbye lake
goodbye dog walks I got to take

goodbye sunsets
goodbye cool
goodbye blisters from my clipping tool

goodbye easy
goodbye Matt
when it gets cold please wear a hat!

That's my feeble attempt at poetry. Bad poetry at that. I was trying to capture the glory of my summer experience. I think it was heightened by the weather in the last few weeks. Fantastic. I enjoyed bonfires, starry skies, time with friends and family and gorgeous surroundings.

I am now back in Tokyo. I arrived Monday night, and Robin has left for Taiwan this morning and will be gone for 10 days. Hardly seems fair. I am here alone, but am determined to make the best of it. Today I had the opportunity to just rest, be alone, get a few things done, read my book and take a nap. My loving husband took great care of me before he left. He shopped, cooked me dinner and put away left-overs so that I didn't have to do much of anything at all today. Jet lag takes a full couple of weeks to completely get over, so I will ease into life here.

Tomorrow morning I will go walking with some friends and catch up on their summer stories. One friend, Regine, went to Mongolia with her family for vacation. I can't wait to hear about it. So as school starts in the 'Burg and friends reconnect, so it will happen here.

1 comment:

CjB - Tokyo Japan said...

You have your blog to keep you company....see you next week. Connie