Wednesday, September 10, 2008

No pictures yet...sorry.

I apologize. I haven't been taking my camera with me. I have seen fabulous flowers in Yoyogi Koen, and a gorgeous sunset from a 42nd story window. I have seen the most ridiculous and outrageous outfits on young women. One of them made me laugh. It was something I would have put on myself to make people laugh for Halloween. I have seen little Bo Peep-like outfits. Today while I was in a thick crowd walking up stairs from a metro platform, a guy just stepped out of his shoe. I kept going, but I can only imagine the change in pedestrian flow around the poor guy. How embarrassing. I have seen little tiny ancient bent over women, teeny tiny dogs, lots of very interesting shoes, girls and boys in school uniforms, cute little kids sleeping in strollers. I have smelled the alcohol saturated males on the train at all times of day. I have been stared at, I have had one woman look at me and shake her head like, "What is that woman thinking?" I have received and given a smile to an older woman (yippee) on the street. I have found yet another new station and met my ride on time. I rehearsed the Chiba singers for many hours last Saturday. I have been to yoga, met my new neighbors, and played Taiko drums.

I must be in Japan.

Pictures to follow.

No comments: